The short history of Yorkston Oil Company
Yorkston Oil Co., Inc. is a locally owned, third generation company. At the present time, Yorkston Oil Co., Inc. owns and operates Yorky’s markets in Whatcom County, Washington, Commercial Fuel Network (CFN) sites in Whatcom and Skagit counties, distributes to unbranded dealers, and serves numerous independent and commercial accounts with Heating fuels, industrial / motor oils, marine fuels, and on and off road fuels.
The company was foundedin 1939 by Adrian W. Yorkston, as Hardwood Fuel Company selling mill ends from lumber mills to homeowners to heat their homes. As time evolved, furnace oil became the popular fuel to heat homes. That is when Hardwood Fuel Co. became a Signal Oil distributor and changed its name to Yorkston Oil Co. Adrian’s sons’ Barney Sr. and Tom became involved in the company and soon took ownership when Adrian retired. Tom retired in 1997 and Barney retired in 1999.
Today, Yorkston Oil Co., is still an independently owned and operated by Barney’s 3 sons in Bellingham, Washington.
Corporate Offices are located at 2418 Alabama Street and the Warehouse at 2801 Roeder Ave both in Bellingham, WA